MissionOur main Goal is to serve and protect! We Strive to offer the community the best emergency service in their time of need as possible.
Our mission is to protect the lives and property of the citizens in our community through a comprehensive program of fire prevention, fire suppression, and training.
Fire Department ResponseThe Hasty Fire Department is a combination volunteer/paid agency that is responsible for fire protection, rescue services, and emergency medical first response in the [INSERT DISTRICT AREA] and surrounding areas of [INSERT COUNTY AREA]. Members on-duty respond from the Hasty Fire Station while others respond from home or work.
We perform rescue operations in entrapment and hazardous materials. We also provide basic life-support service on emergency medical calls in our district.
First responders are certified North Carolina Emergency Medical Technicians. All structural firefighters have undergone extensive state firefighting training as per state of North Carolina. Our firefighters have taken extensive fire fighter training per North Carolina state requirements, and have also received additional training in rescue procedures and techniques.
In 1955 a group of businessmen in an area west of High Point, saw a need to provide fire protection in their community. On September 24, 1955 they incorporated 10-A Fire Department. The Fire Department was named for its location on Highway 10-A. Bottoms and Fiske Trucking Company donated the chassis for the first truck.
In 1960, High Point extended its city limits westward and annexed the fire department. On November 7, 1960 the heirs of B.E. Payne estate sold the Fire Department land for a new station at the cost of $10.00. The new station was built on its present location of Joe Moore Road at the intersection with Burton Road. The new station was completed in 1961 with the help of firefighters and the community. The building consisted of three (3) bays, an office, sleeping quarters, two (2) baths, and a kitchen / meeting room. On May 15, 1962, the members of the community voted to establish a tax district to support the Fire Department.
In the spring of 1980, members of the community became concerned about the lack of interest in the Fire Department and its ability to provide adequate fire protection. Many of the members of the Board of Directors resigned, requiring a public meeting on June 12, 1980 to reorganize the fire department. After the reorganization, the citizens in the community felt that the Fire Department should carry the same name as the community it served. On September 28, 1980 the name was changed from 10-A to Hasty Fire Department, Inc.
The Fire Department began to grow and soon there was a need to expand. Two (2) additional bays were constructed in July 1982. Later a meeting room, conference room, administration office, and a bath were added to the building. The number of trucks grew from a pumper, tanker, and a brush truck to three (3) pumper/tankers, a brush truck, a rescue/utility unit, and an ambulance. The services expanded to include rescue and first responder BLS care with the formation of the rescue squad.
Fire Chief HistoryThe following individuals have provided leadership of the department by serving as chief:
A. B. Roddy 1955-1961
Y. R. Wright 1961-1980
Jeff Cecil 1981-1985
Ralph Johnson 1986-1987
Jeff Cecil 1987-1994
Sam Guthrie 1994-1996
Mike Craven 1996-2000
Steve Craven 2000-2006
Chris Mendenhall 2006-2011
Dale Draughn 2011-2014
Zach Jordan 2014-Present